The energy practice group is one of the strengths of Vlăsceanu & Partners.
The continuous changing regulations, the fast deployment of renewables, the rapid growth of energy demand, the need to increase energy efficiency and to lower the impact over the environment represent only some of the challenges of the energy sector requiring highly specialized and experienced lawyers. Our attorneys have extensive expertise in the energy sector, having managed strategic projects and having assisted many of the key stakeholders of the Romanian market (including producers, suppliers, distributors, traders, project developers, industry associations and banks financing the energy projects).
Due to the direct industry background and vast experience of our attorneys, we understand the commercial drivers in the sector and we are able to provide, apart from exquisite technical advice, also industry insight and recognition of business objectives.
On top of a good understanding of the specific energy rules and regulations, providing legal advice in the energy sector requires an interdisciplinary approach covering multiple fields such as the environmental law, urbanism and construction law, antitrust and state aid law, corporate and commercial law, mergers & acquisitions. Our lawyers are well equipped with the necessary expertise to cover all these areas.
- Development, construction and commissioning of power generation projects;
- Acquisition and sale of companies operating in the energy sector or developing power generation projects;
- Whole range of regulatory matters;
- All types of sector permitting;
- Connection to the power and gas grid;
- Structuring, drafting and negotiating PPAs and green certificates agreements;
- Drafting and negotiating various contracts related to the development and operation of the renewable power generation projects (EPC, TSA, BoP, O&M);
- Operation of the green certificates support scheme;
- Securing of the financing necessary for developing renewable power generation projects.